Sunday, October 05, 2008

be gone with you!

Ooh.....oooohhh!!!! Listen to this!! I have news!!!

Jeff just told me that when we move to our land, he would like for us to leave the TVs behind. Both of them! BOTH! Not let's just keep one TV hooked up for Sunday night shows, nope. NO TV HOOKUP! Woo-hoo!

We will keep our small flat TV attached to the DVD player, but we won't have any cable or satellite or anything coming in to get stations. How happy am I? I never thought he would go for that, let alone suggest it.

We've been watching quite a few documentaries lately & enjoying learning things & growing through them together. Our latest was 11th hour -- we would highly recommend it.

If you have watched it or decide to watch it, you might remember or notice the part where they talk about how each individual who is aware of this crisis plays a small part in the larger role. It's as if we are each a tiny pixel in a huge mosaic.

I asked Jeff what kind of pixel he was. I told him if he didn't know, try to pinpoint the one thing that gives him that sick stomach feeling, you want to turn away but you can't.

He said the thing that made him the most nauseous was the crazy consumption of non-essentials and the unchecked power of the oil companies. For me, it is the pesticides, the downfall of our foods, the chemicals pumped daily into oceans & rivers as if the water itself is garbage. We both said that our brightest pixels were our children. Sassy is already so tuned-in to the natural way of things, and with the next baby, we'll have a chance to do even better -- raising her on land with animals and nature to interact with daily.

What are your pixels? Have you identified them yet?

No comments: