Tuesday, January 22, 2008

when I grow up....

Driving past my old college yestserday, Sassy and I had this conversation:

S: Mommy, what's that big building?
M: That's actually the place where I went to college.
S: Oh....well, what did you want to be?
M: (trying to ignore how loaded a question this was) Well, Mommy went to school to be a writer, actually.
S: Oh. Well I going to be a chef!
M: That's great, sweetie! You should be sure to tell Daddy when you get home. You know, when Daddy was little, his Daddy was a chef. He worked in an expensive, fancy restaurant.
S: Well I not going to be that kind of chef. I going to be a chef who makes sweets. Like cookies and cakes and candies.
M: Ahhh.....so you're going to be a pastry chef. You should talk to Aunt Angie about that. She was a pastry chef for a long time.
S: Uh-huh. And I going to have my own little bake shop.
M: You know, when we move to the farm, Daddy's going to have his own bake shop too. But he's not going to bake sweets. He's going to bake bread.
S: Ooh! Then I can open my bake shop right next to Daddy's!
M: Or, maybe when you get a little older, you can work in the bake shop with Daddy. You could bake sweets and Daddy could bake breads.
S: (thinks for a minute) No, I going to have my own shop. Next to Daddy's.

Sounds like she's got it all figured out.

No comments: