Monday, October 02, 2006

all hope lost

This has pushed me past the edge. I have lost all hope, and I mean all hope for humanity:

School Shooting

I won't delve into my personal stereotypes & assumptions about groups of people that makes this so upsetting. And disheartening. And really...the straw. I don't particularly feel like analyzing myself today.

It's about the last article I ever expected to read.

*****************************************************

OK, more of the story has come in and the same link I gave above has been updated with the new information. In the first article they put out, they inferred that it had been a student.

As it appears, my stereotypes are of no consequence. Nevertheless, I am ANGRY about this. Really f*cking angry. My intitial response still stands, in that all hope is gone. I am not much of a Armageddon sorta gal, but I think humanity needs some serious smiting. What the hell is wrong with people? He was upset over something 20 years ago?!?! Why can't people heal themselves anymore? Why stand firm that religion is the heroin of the masses, when maybe, just maybe a belief in God, Jesus, right & wrong, heck, Buddha--I don't care!!!--might provide you enough healing that you don't kill 6-year-old girls execution-style?

I'm totally writing off-the-cuff here, none of this is thought out at all. I'm just so angry. And THIS, my friends, is why we are homeschooling.

No comments: