A pic, to start, because it's freakin' adorable:

That's a stye on her eye there. The doctor claims that it is caused not by a virus but by an irritated hair follicle. It has been with us for about 4 weeks. By happenchance, I suppose (in person, you would hear my sarcastic tone), another appeared on the left eye as well. Then, again by happenchance I'm certain, it stayed on the left eye and moved back again to the right eye, turning it from what her pediatrician said was "a little scar tissue" into a weeping spot of pus again. But I'm sure it's purely coincidental, which is why I spent my $20 co-pay to come into the doctor's office instead of putting it into my gas tank or taking it to the Farmer's Market.
Nevertheless, she carries her styes well. Yes, that's carries -- with an s; they are still with us. Perhaps we should name them by now.
And, speaking of names...perhaps we can decide on a name for this little one soon. We have chosen a boy's name, but no girl's name yet. I have an ultrasound today that I'm hoping will push our hand. Will we be keeping our boy's name? Or will we be finding a girl's name? I'm actually quite excited to find out the gender this time. This pregnancy has been such a rollercoaster of a ride, I hope that if I see a boy or a girl, it will feel real.
Although the fledgling is beginning to do that on his her own. Finally, I'm quickening. I love that word. So much better than the awkward, "feeling the baby move" or "flutters." Quickening. It has a classic sound to it, a Little House on the Prairie sound. Or maybe I've just been reading way too many Appalachian-themed books lately.
And speaking of LHOTP (streaming that consciousness, baby), we now have a...drum roll please...driveway!!!! OK, Blogger seriously needs to have some sort of options for putting silly icons into your posts. Where's my fireworks icons? My wineglasses toasting?
We now have a long gravel driveway all the way back to our homesite WITH a turnaround on the end. We are going out on Saturday to check it out and try it out. I will take pictures for sure in between pickin' my wild organic blackberries.
And speaking of pictures, hee hee, I am in such the odd mood today. Half reflective, half creative, and the other half energetic. I'm feeling positive enough about things to make up for my extreme depression yesterday. And, positive enough to give myself 3 halves. Only the very good days have enough electric for 3 halves. I think it has quite a bit to do with the quickening. Perhaps 2 halves are mine & the other belongs to the baby.
Typically these types of days result in me getting a manicload of stuff done. Today, though, I'm on enforced "limited activity," which has been alternately named "chair rest." So the energy needs an outlet that isn't physical, but still reflective & creative. And thus, here I am, streaming through the consciousness of late.
But the bigger part of me, the part of me that likes usefulness & themes, doesn't care much to be on Blogger. It wants to be taking pictures. Real pictures; good pictures; purposeless pictures. Unless pretty is a purpose.
I think it is.
If I wrote songs, I'd be playing my piano today. A meandering song, a little finger journey over the keys so that by the end of my songs, I'd be closer to knowing how I feel. And closer to having a theme.
Time to get ready for the ultrasound. I do hope he she reveals him herself today.

3 comments:
The post says wednesday, yesterday, but I saw you yesterday and there was no mention of the little girl/boy! POst as soon as you know and most of all....celebrate! I know it is hard and you are hesitant but it will feel sooooo good when you let go and celebrate the life you are growing! Love you!
BTW forgot to tell you last night...we..ok she... thinks it's a boy!!
Z
The baby wouldn't reveal him herself. Darn it. Maybe next time...
Post a Comment