
This probably means my blog will include more look-at-my-pics-of-the-fun-stuff-we've-done posts in addition to the usual here's-what-I've-figured-out-lately-and-now-must-write-about posts. Hopefully these new posts will force me out of my introspective comfort zone and make me focus on the now. Or something like that.
At any rate, I love my new camera. It IS a lot of fun. The Easter egg hunt was a great time. I've done a hunt for the past year (or two?) for our homeschooling group, but this year I scaled it back even further & it worked out much better. There were only 3 families besides us, which was very do-able. In the past, I've put out blanket invitations only to find myself totally stressing over not having enough eggs, not having enough candy, spending lots of money on supplies, having a full house of muddy children, etc. Although I always want to invite everyone I know and love to these sorts of things, I literally bit my tongue to keep it small & consequently, eliminated the stress & was able to relax, have fun, and take PICTURES!
The girls hamming it up for the camera

"Everybody say candy!"

Our Mama-Sassy shot

Hunting

I also picked up some baby chicks from our local poultry farm so the kids could hold them. We still have them chirping away downstairs (well, actually, we have the brown one and a new, older yellow one -- the little tiny yellow one the kids passed around was, unbeknownst to us, only a day old (!) when we picked it up. It was not doing so well the next day, so I drove it back to the farm so it could heal & exchanged it for an older one.) Between the chicks & the kittens, it's gotten us so itchy to move to the farm.


That night, we went to Kroger to buy the supplies to reproduce the Sitwell's Gouda & Guacamole sandwich. Sassy used some of the supplies to make a gorgeous salad for herself, complete with lime juice for dressing and a dill garnish, with no help from us.
Jeff's dad would be so proud. After she fell asleep, I told Jeff that she would so be his dad's favorite if he had lived to know it. Of course, he'd never have admitted it. But that wouldn't have made it any less so.

2 comments:
Great pictures. I love the close-up of Sassy's face.
I love the mama-sassy shot very intimate and cute!
Post a Comment